Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It’s nice to remember



Remembering a fabulous moment. I don’t see a better way to start a project than this one. The moment I want to blog here and now is not about the money. They come and fly right away (isn’t my case  but still …), and you don’t remember even you won something.



The importance of a big moment is the change of mind.

Last year I finished a PokerStars Micromillion Turbo Event in top three and I took home a four figures prize. It was awesome. The money was great, but the feeling I get was even greater. I managed to advance in the last three over a field consisting in more than five thousand players.

It was a though night. I stayed focus many hours, but as time goes by you want more to stay in the tournament. The 100th place isn’t enough. Perhaps at the start of the event you think how wonderful would be to reach the last 100, but when you’re there the things are changing. You want more.

The Change of mind

From there my attitude regarding poker has changed at 180 degrees. Starting then I played every tournament for the first place, no matter how the opposition was, and no matter if I was at a live or online competition. I just want to win them all.

It’s true, I didn’t had a good bankroll management, because instead of playing more MTT’s   at micro with shots to medium stakes, I did a cash out and decide it to invest in some land based projects.

Still, I managed to make more final tables if I think about the numbers of tourneys played, and I feel more competitive like one or two years before.

That’s a good sign. Is the sign of becoming a player. Of course, you need to work hard in order to achieve great things, but attitude is very important.

Without willingness to be number one, you are just another “Rock” waiting for aces and finishing gloriously on final table bubble.

Poker ... Star

I wish every poker player to feel a big moment, when all the poker community eyes are pointed in your direction, and all poker websites write about your performance. I was very proud when PokerStars blog wrote some lines about my game at finaltable.

Moments like this are extremely valuable for education of a poker player. 6k? 9k? Is this amount of money that important? If you learn from this experience that you must be ready to die in order to be able to live, than 3k USD are not important. Is just the price you paid for your education.
Mark twain said one time (I hope I’m not wrong), if we think how expensive is the education, we should think again about how much cost us the lack of it.

Poker education is even more expensive. The players are forged in tournaments and cash games fire. Who are afraid of fire should go outside and ply chess. That was a joke. I’m a chess master … a good one in fact … and I can tell chess is not easier than poker. No sir.

Conclusions?

So, who are afraid of fighting should lock himself out in the house, because also the life is a fight.
When did you fight to win something? Is time to ask yourself this question.
Perhaps poke is a good game to start learning how to win something big.

No comments:

Post a Comment