Friday, March 1, 2013

WBCOOP Day 1

Today was the day. I used one of my ten WBCOOP tickets won with this blog post, and I guess I didn't do some performance with it.

I registered for the Event #1, a NLH tournament with a 10k chips starting stack and blind increasing every 10 minutes. That's a good structure, especially for non-turbo players.

I start playing from level 4, and I had only 100 BB for manoeuvre. I said only ... just kidding :) In fact I feel more comfortable with less than 20 BB, so I did some crazy things.


First of all, I assumed I can take the control of the table right away and I start to raise and 3bet extremly light. That's a fishy strategy, but I was tempted by the stack offered. Right away I was down 30 BB. Lucky me :)

Then came this hand.

 I found myself in with QJs in BB and I decided to play out of position a pot with good odds. I have  73 BB's on my back and I have good chances to stack my opponents off if the flop is perfect.

The flop came jack high with two hearts. What should I expect more? The player who had the iniaitive preflop choosed to check his options, so I decided to lead the turn when a Qd hited the board.

I was payed by both players, and based on his play so far, I put them on tight range including KQ, AK, AQ and AJ with some flush draws better than mine.

River 2c  was good for me, because no draws were completed and I fired almost 80% of the pot.

I hoped to be paid by AQ, or perhaps some KQ's, but the preflop raiser put me to a decision, he thought :)

I called. Of he could had sets, but not all the time, and he could do this move with AQ, if he goes crazy at this very moment.

He showed AQ and I bagged 15k chips. Very nice stack :)

Next hand was a disaster.



JJ. What a stupid starting hand. Preflop I faced a raise from the button and my 3bet came natural, also his call in position.

The flop was 7 high with two spades. Both me and my opponent run in a storm of bets, ending with a top 10 pot. My overpair was allready beated by his set of 6's.

300 BB's pot with a stupid overpair. He could have snowmen (88), 99, TT.

I was out from the tournament and sent directly to blog dashboard to write this impressions.
Tommorow is another day and I look forward to hit some final tables.



4 comments:

  1. Oh well... Better luck next time! 9 tickets left to use, plenty of time for "manoeuvres"! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are to kind for a little golden fish like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't we see two different hands taken from BOOM?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I would like to ask you a question regarding your views on Pokerstars` WBCOOP Series.

    Firstly it has come to my attention that Pokerstars are not evaluating the rules which clearly state that players must have made a blog to participate in the WBCOOP. Players are being allowed to join the WBCOOP and clearly they have not made a blog so is it right that if a player wins this tournament without making a blog that it is legal as stated in theirT&Cs?

    I think that Pokerstars should implement their rules as stated in the T&Cs and not allow players to join the WBCOOP.

    What are your views on this matter ?

    Thanks

    P.S Please spread the word and post in this thread http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/attention-real-bloggers-wbcoop-farce-1306241/

    ReplyDelete