Sunday, March 10, 2013

WBCOOP Day 9: A SCOOP ticket!

After nine horrible days I finally did it, and cashed in my first WBCOOP prize.

With just three tickets left I started The Event 25 hoping to change  the luck and make it ITM. The tournament proposed by PokerStars was a No Limit Holdem Deep Stack, the kind of game who permits a lot of manoeuvres and encourage the creative play.

Event #25. It's nice to have a 250 BB's stack. It's funny. The person who write that sentence (me) is a player who has most of the time has 10 - 20 BB's at disposal :)


I know a good turbo tournament player who says one time, he don't know what to do with 250 BB's :) When he has this stack he play foolish, go down to 20 BB's and he plays perfect :)

But, back to our WBCOOP Event. I felt excellent and I played most of the time more than one third from the cards dealt to me. After two hours of play I had a 6k chips stack and a lot of energy.

I started to open-raise almost every hand and do my C-bet 85% of the time. The people at the table seems to be OK with my aggression, so my stack grew bigger. I had some casualties on the road :) because some time, rarely, they 3-bet me which was fine anyway.



My aggression was payed off big time in a hand when I was very strong. The turn and the river help me to make trips with ATo from my hole cards.

I continued to bully the table and climb to the top, running good.



After some levels, the guy who lost a tone of chip earlier in the hand with ATo, was involved with me in another big pot. This time I had AQ and the board excellent for me, but he had enough with me being aggressive with everybody, and tried to be in charge for a hand. Unhappy moment.



This he lost a big part of his stack and soon he was out from the tournament.

At my table came Giovanni Pellegrini, noted in my PokerStars client as a good player. We were involved in a hand, where he was aggressive on every street. I let him do that, because every sign of aggression from me could end the hand, and of course the board was drawish and dangerous.

Soon we make it to the money with Giovanni Pellegrini being the bubble boy. Sorry mate!



Just after that I wrote on Twitter:
"First ticket Going for 1st place now"

I looked at my table and I saw I get A8o in SB. The action folded to the Dealer who raise me 2,2 BB. Standard. I looked at my stats. In that tournament I've had folded 85% of the time, so I thought he observe this tell try to steal with a wide range of hand. We both had 20 BB's stack, with the villain covering me.

I shoved and after few second he called. He had A6o. Good read from me. The flop was cruel: 6 of clubs and I was out with a 5,5 USD SCOOP ticket. This one can be use also for micros.

Today I'll play a HORSE event and a 6-max No Limit tournament, and my WBCOOP is done for this year. Of course, we have tomorrow the Main Event, but this is an invitational one :)

2 comments:

  1. You posted the same hand 4 times... Something went wrong with the links there! Anyway, good to hear that you made it in the money. See you at the main event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps this hand was important :))))) GL today!

    ReplyDelete