Monday, March 4, 2013

WBCOOP Day 4: Bubble!

I was playing today two events from World Championship of Online Poker and the closest to the money was a bubble from the Stud Event.

Monday is a good day to start anything, but not the personal winning series at WBCOOP. No sir, I must wait for that. The field is easy and enjoyable, but I'm not playing my A game so far.


Event #10 was a Stud tournament with almost 300 players enrolled and less than 100 paid places.
I was doing fine through the tournament, till one moment when I've bet a hand 2 streets only to see suddenly my opponent improved his hand and I had to fold to his aggression.
Since then my life in tournament became dangerous. I live with less than 3 Big Bets and I was on the edge of elimination for about 30 minutes. And, with only 2 players remaining till ITM I had to put "Bring In" and I was lost.
Besides this unhappy moment I ahd also funny momments like the hand shown below, when I had 7 cards from the same colour in front of me :)

A tough lesson to be learned from this tournament: Avoid marginal situations! It only cost you money.

Event #11 was following and consited in a mix game PLO/NL Holdem. This time I played better than previous event, but Itook some poor decisiond, which cost me chips an faith in my chances to win the event.
For example at Omaha I was too aggresive on a flop, where only a better hand should pay me.
This was a beginners fault. I couldn't let the better preflop hand go. Eventually I was out, few hands later in a BB versus SB confrontation, where I was hyper-aggressive preflop with J9o. I didn't find the right person to bully and he payed me with KQo.

5 tickets to go and I have to be more careful if I want to make it to Main Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment